Agile Testing Foundations
Agile testing is an evolving approach to software testing that follows the principles of agile software development as defined in the Agile Manifesto. Learn the role of the tester in an agile team and explore agile testing processes in an interactive workshop.
From user story elicitation and grooming through development and testing, this course prepares you to be a valuable member of an agile development team.
This hands-on course equips delegates with knowledge of Agile methods and how to test based upon User Stories. Delegates will understand how to engage with “whole team” concepts that will allow them to collaborate with the Agile team and provide value to stakeholders by being the “testing expert” on the team.
- Upon the successful completion of the course, the attendee should be able to:
- Understand the agile development process and their place in it.
- Understand the purpose of testing within Agile development lifecycle.
- Discover how testing is implemented in different agile environments.
- Understand the role of Tester in various team activities.
- Strengthen the position of Tester on meetings.
- Learn about testing through the development lifecycle and how to perform it.
- Improve the skills to catch the defects earlier in the process.
- Improve the negotiation and communication skills within development team.
- Recognize the main agile testing challenges and how to address them.
- Explore key agile testing practices—ATDD, BDD, TDD, and ET.
- The course is interactive and utilizes multiple learning styles to increase the memory retention of the material
- This course is designed for members of cross-functional teams in an Agile development lifecycle, who wants to gain experience on negotiating and performing testing related activities as Software Testers, Test Automation Engineers, etc.
- The course is also ideal for all those who have an interest in understanding the concepts of sustainable testing within Agile development lifecycle, and so is additionally appropriate for Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Test Managers.
- Demonstrations, hands on exercises, exercise solutions, lecture segments and discussion retrospectives
- Summary report providing findings, ideas, risks, and potential solutions
- Our training does not end once the course is complete. Our specialists are available to help transition information from the course into practical application.
- Introduction into Agile testing
- Testing process within Agile development
- Power of three (Tester, Developer, Product Owner)
- Role of the Tester in a team
- Requirements on Agile Tester
- Required knowledge
- Soft skills and Hard skills
- Lean/Agile development approaches
- Agile vs Lean
- SCRUM vs Kanban vs Your needs
- Development methodologies (TDD, ATDD, BDD)
- Testing within a team
- Requirements specification
- Understand the purpose and goals of the feature
- Grooming meetings in detail
- Static review of the requirements
- Exercise: Information mining at Groomings
- Choosing the right test approach
- Scope of the testing
- Environment and data specification
- Designing the tests
- Choosing the right test technique
- Achieving the tests coverage
- Exercise: Test design to achieve adequate tests coverage
- Planning team resources for various development cycles
- Planning of time required for support
- Planning meeting in detail
- Planning of testing activities
- Distribution of testing in a development cycle
- Exercise: Planning testing resources
- Development and Testing
- Feature design and implementation
- Importance of acceptance criteria
- Testing responsibilities distributed between Developers and Testers
- Tests implementation and execution
- Final verification & validation
- Reporting of the testing progress and scope
- Feature demo for Product Owner of other Stakeholders
- Feature handover/release
- Other testing within Agile cross-functional teams
- Regression testing
- Acceptance testing
- Other specialized testing approaches
- Development of a Tester role
- Development of a Tester role within a cross-functional team
- Career path of a Tester in Agile development
Bratislava/Košice/Onsite (on request)
Petr Neugebauer, top-tier consultant who holds ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation level – Agile Tester Extension, ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced level – Test Manager and ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level – Improving the Testing Process certifications.
- Training materials
- Refreshment during the course
- Certificate of attendance
- Report providing findings, strengths and weaknesses, ideas for improvement
Dates are available on request.
- Level: Intermediate
- Requirements: Anyone with the basic knowledge and experience in testing