ISTQB accredited and other specialized foundation and advanced level training courses are available to you and your team.
One thing is for sure – future belongs to those who prepare for it!
Where would you like to take your career?
ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation
Level – Agile
CEO at YES4Q, Consultant and Lecturer
Agile has rapidly gained popularity in the wider IT industry. Agile software practices are being employed within many development organizations worldwide. More and more testers are participating in agile projects or are embedded within agile teams. Agile testing brings many advantages to teams, from increasing overall product quality to providing greater scope for flexibility.
This accredited training course provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective member of an Agile team. The course explains you the fundamentals of testing on Agile projects including commonly used Agile development practices and processes, the role of the tester in the Agile team, and some Agile testing practices.
You will explore the business and technology-facing tests agile projects demand and how agile testers can help the project succeed. You will learn to apply techniques as planning poker and exploratory testing. You will learn to understand Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD). You will learn to understand technical and team skills testers need for success in the world of agile development.
An accredited training course that covers ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester Extension 2014 syllabus.
CEO at YES4Q, Consultant and Lecturer
Upon the successful completion of the course, the attendee should be able to:
- Understand the agile development process and their place in it.
- Understand the purpose of testing within Agile development lifecycle.
- Discover how testing is implemented in different agile environments.
- Understand the role of Tester in various team activities.
- Strengthen the position of Tester on meetings.
- Learn about testing through the development lifecycle and how to perform it.
- Improve the skills to catch the defects earlier in the process.
- Improve the negotiation and communication skills within development team.
- Recognize the main agile testing challenges and how to address them.
- Explore key agile testing practices—ATDD, BDD, TDD, and ET.
The course is interactive and utilizes multiple learning styles to increase the memory retention of the material.
Who Should Attend
- This course is designed for members of cross-functional teams in an Agile development lifecycle, who wants to gain experience on negotiating and performing testing related activities as Software Testers, Test Automation Engineers, etc.
- The course is also ideal for all those who have an interest in understanding the concepts of sustainable testing within Agile development lifecycle, and so is additionally appropriate for Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Test Managers.
- Demonstrations, hands on exercises, exercise solutions, lecture segments and discussion retrospectives.
- Summary report providing findings, ideas, risks, and potential solutions.
- Our training does not end once the course is complete. Our specialists are available to help transition information from the course into practical application.
1. Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
- Whole-team approach
2. Agile Testing Principles, Practices, and Processes
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status Tracking and Reporting in Agile Projects
- Role and Skills of an Agile Tester
3. Agile Testing Methods, Techniques, and Tools
- Agile Planning and the User Story
- Continuous Integration
- Agile Testing Methods – Acceptance Test Driven Development, Test Pyramid and Testing Quadrants
- Quality risks in agile environment
- Estimating Test Effort in Agile Projects – Poker Planning
- Testing Techniques in Agile Projects – Exploratory testing, Test Automation and Defining
- Acceptance Criteria
- Tools in Agile Projects
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles.
- Support the Agile team in planning test related activities.
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
- Assist in defining testable user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
- Recall lessons learned from real-life Agile testing.
Online / Onsite
Czech / English
Onsite training can either take place in our premises on Mlynske Nivy 5, 821 09 Bratislava or in the premises of our client.
729 € (without VAT)
- Training materials
Refreshment and lunch (depending of format)
- Certificate of attendance
- Report providing findings, strengths and weaknesses, ideas for improvement
Dates are available on request.
Please note, the training will take place in case of min. 5 attendees.
- Level: Intermediate
- Requirements: Anyone with the basic knowledge and experience in testing